Around these parts, we are mostly about healthy but delicious recipes. And that is fine. But sometimes, you need a little splurge. These Angry Orchard cupcakes are the perfect splurge, ideal for fall and just sweet enough to satisfy your cravings.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 12 ounces Angry Orchard hard cider
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Splash of milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour in the cider and mix slowly until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine nutmeg, cinnamon, flour and baking powder. Pour the mixture, in two batches, into the butter mixture. Mix well until fully combined.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins, filling them ¾ to the top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool fully before icing.
- To prepare icing, combine butter and powdered sugar in a mixer and beat until well mixed.
- Add in cinnamon and stir until combined. Add in a splash of cream to thin if necessary.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish with bottle cap, if you want.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.