Now that October is here, we finally feel comfortable about sharing a pumpkin recipe. before, it was just too soon. But we also think that if we are going pumpkin, we have to go big. And pumpkin risotto is filled with big pumpkin flavors. It adds a creaminess and a richness that is perfect in already delicious risotto.
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock, warm
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Toss in the onion and cook until just translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the rice and cook until toasted.
- Once toasted, add in the wine and cook until the wine is absorbed. Add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Cook until all of the broth has been absorbed and repeat until you have no more broth. At this point, the rice should be thick and creamy and cooked through.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, pumpkin puree and cinnamon until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.