Summer coming to an end calls for cocktails. And what better, really, than a good, old-fashioned hard lemonade? We amped up the volume a little, tossing in a generous spoonful of vanilla and a nice turn of rum. The result is a summery cocktail fit for just a little more poolside sipping.
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 Tbsp. rum per glass of lemonade
- Combine sugar and water in a sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the sugar into a pitcher along with the lemon juice and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour in the water and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once ready to serve, pour 2 Tbsp. of rum into a glass and top with lemonade
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.