Tomato Cobbler with White cheddar biscuits
Ripe tomatoes are one of the best things about summer. And we've still got a little bit of time to enjoy them before the season ends and we are stuck in the depths of winter. This tomato cobbler with white cheddar biscuits has become a summer staple in our house, we can't get enough of it.
- For biscuits:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup white cheddar, grated
- ¾ cup cold buttermilk
- For cobbler:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- ⅛ cup chopped basil
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- pinch red pepper flakes
- To make the biscuits, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Add butter and use a finger or a fork to break up the butter. Once finished, it should resembled coarse crumbs.
- Add in the cheese and stir well. Create a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir well to combine, forming a shaggy dough.
- Pour the dough onto a floured surface and knead it until it comes together. Cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate while you prepare the cobbler.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat butter and olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions. Brown until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Remove from heat, add balsamic vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together cherry tomatoes, basil, flour and red pepper. Add in onions and toss until everything is well combined.
- Place cobbler ingredients into a square glass baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove dough from the fridge. Roll the dough into a ¾ inch thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut the biscuits into rounds.
- Remove the filling from the oven and place 6 biscuits on top of the cobbler. You may have additional biscuits left over, you can bake those along with the cobbler.
- Return the cobbler to the oven and bake 20 additional minutes until the biscuits are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
In the Weekend Financial Times of 5/12/19 there was a photo of Robyn Rihanna Fenty (born February 20, 1988) with the headline, “Force of fashion Rihanna makes history with luxury brand at LVMH.”
For awhile, the higher the stiletto the better. Then, we had kitten heels. Remember this post - The Kitten Heel.
All the while, sprinkled a little here and a little there, sneakers have been seen on the runway.
The dictionary definition of a muse is, “A person or personified force who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist.” However, in the fashion industry, it’s much more than that.
- Size Chart -
We use Italian lingerie sizing for our bodywear and items tend to run small.
Because of the body-hugging nature of the fabric and our body conscious fit most women prefer to wear our layering tops as under-layers. If you are inclined to wear them on their own we suggest you size up. Please email us or give us a call if you have questions about your sizing. We're happy to help you get it right.
Relaxed fit. Wear alone or over any of our layering tees or camisoles.
Please email us or give us a call if you have questions about your sizing. We're happy to help you get it right.
GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO SIGN UP
Get info on sales, promotions, and new items. Plus $10 off your first order!