Even in the hot months, there is still a need for morning routines and hot drinks. Well, we've taken the hot drink and given if a fun summer spin. A little bit of fresh lavender - perfumed and aromatic - is added to a simple syrup and then poured into a latte for the ultimate in summer sipping.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lavender
- 1 cup hot, brewed black tea
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine water, sugar and lavender in a pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Reduce to low and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Strain out lavender, allow to cool and transfer to a jar.
- Pour tea into a cup. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons lavender syrup into the tea.
- Place the cream in a blender and whir for 10 to 15 seconds until frothy. Pour into the tea.
- Serve hot.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.