People say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And while the saying is a little tired, it couldn't be more true. Breakfast gives you energy, stamina and leaves you feeling full to power through until lunch. In these busy times, there's lots of yogurts, granolas and bagels. But when you've got time for a luxurious breakfast, give this dish a try. Eggs for protein, kale for your veggie intake and bread because, well, bread.
- 1 slice wheat bread
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- splash of vinegar
- Fill a medium-sized pot with water and add in splash of vinegar. Heat over high heat until boiling.
- While the water boils, put your piece of bread in the toaster.
- Add butter to a small skillet over medium. Once the butter has melted, add in the garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the kale and toss to coat with butter and garlic. Saute 2 to 3 minutes until wilted.
- Place the kale on top of the toast.
- Crack egg into a shallow bowl or ramekin. Once the water has boiled in your pot, use a slotted spoon and start swirling the water to form a whirlpool. Add the egg to the center of the whirlpool, give it a gentle stir and then cover the pot and remove it from the heat.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes. Once the timer goes off, use the slotted spoon to carefully remove the egg, draining off excess water. Lay the egg gently on top of the kale and toast.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.