You could go to the store and grab a sorbet or ice cream filled with processed and weird ingredients you can't pronounce. Or you could grab some strawberries, a touch of sugar and a lemon or two and blend up your own sorbet at home. A few hours of freezing time and you've got a healthy, homemade version of strawberry lemon sorbet on your hands. It's perfect for the scorching summer heat that may be heading your way. Bonus: you don't need an ice cream machine for this one!
- 2 lbs. strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 lemons, 1 whole sliced and juice of second lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- Place lemons and sugar in a food processor and process until well-combined and mostly smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place strawberries in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Place the lemon mixture back in the processor with the strawberries and process until fully combined. Transfer mixture to an 8” x 4” loaf pan.
- Place in the freezer. Freeze for two hours then stir it around. It should be solidifying at this point.
- Freeze for two more hours until completely frozen. It will still be somewhat soft but should be completely frozen.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.