Salads definitely came into their own within the past year or so, going from a bunch of wilted lettuce with a blob of dressing to composed and thoughtful dishes. But composed and thoughtful doesn't necessarily mean complex. This roasted romaine is a step above that tired old salad but takes little time to prepare and has few ingredients. It's simple while still big on flavor.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a sharp knife, split the romaine lettuce down the middle. Lay it on the baking sheet. Take one tablespoon of olive oil and drizzle it over top of the two halves of romaine.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes until the romaine has wilted a bit and is starting to brown.
- Before serving, prepare your dressing. Combine remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and mix well to combine. Drizzle over top of the two halves of romaine.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.