The official first day of summer was last Friday and with it came a heat wave and sunny skies that is forecasted to last well into this week, at least here on the East Coast. So, in honor of that, I thought that we could talk a little beach fashion.
“Beach fashion?” you say. “Isn’t the beach the place where I can escape fashion and just wear cut-off shorts and grubby t-shirts and tank tops over my swimsuit?” Why, yes it most certainly is and that is what you will find even me in most of the time.
However, if you need to step things up either because you are at a fancy beach resort or pool, you are lounging beachside or poolside with co-workers or clients or if you just simply want to feel more fashionable at the beach in the off-chance you might meet someone, here are some quick upgrades that you can make.
Seem like too much work for a day at the beach? Pick 3-4 of the above suggestions rather than trying to tackle the entire lot. Even a few minor adjustments will give you the upgrade that you need to feel both fashionable and beach-ready all at the same time!
- Swap the baseball cap for a straw fedora or wide-brimmed sun-hat.
- Skip the rubber or plastic flip-flops and opt for strap-on leather or raffia sandals instead.
- Leave the canvas tote at home and carry a straw tote.
- Pull on a sun-dress, tunic-length cover-up or tie on a sarong in place of the tank top and cut-offs.
- Pack up an old-fashioned picnic basket instead of the plastic cooler.
- Upgrade your beach chair if yours is looking stained, rusted or otherwise worse-for-wear.
- Instead of a messy bun, plait hair in a pretty braid over one shoulder to keep it out of your face.
- Keep the sun out of your eyes with some fashion-focused eyewear instead of a more function-focused pair.
- If you are seeing clients and co-workers, best to opt for a more modest one-piece than your skimpiest bikini.
- A colorful beach towel that coordinates with your bathing suit and cover-up is an added bonus.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.