Today is Patriot’s day in Massachusetts so there is no work for me and no daycare for A. Big sister is at Nana’s for a whole week because she gets a whole week off of school. Being 6 is awesome.
So today we will have what we call “Mommy / A Day”. Fun activities for just the two of us. We will start with a yummy breakfast at “Old McDonald’s” aka McDonald’s. This is a special occasion breakfast visit – we will have some pancakes and then go run some errands.
When we get home we will do the following:
- Go down the slide backwards at least a dozen times.
- Make at least two of the following in the sandbox: pancakes, hot chocolate, cake or hot dog. None of these will actually be eaten but they will be created with the finest care – as if a four star chef were making them…out of sand.
- Lunch – this is most likely going to be grilled cheese – a favorite on our special day.
- If the mommy angels are smiling on me there may be a nap. This could be a “for sure” if we throw in some laps and a game of tag in number 1 of this list.
- More outside time – on a beautiful day like this you can’t beat being out in the fresh air and getting excited about the one daffodil that has opened. Seriously. He spotted it yesterday and you would have thought it was Christmas.
- Dinner. Yeah, I have no idea what we are having.
- Bath / Snuggle / TV Time
- Off to bed (and then mommy will be called in at least 15 times for reasons varying from “My pillow fell” to “I just missed you so much, mommy”)
I’m not going to lie. I’m really looking forward to it!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.